- 1 pound long noodle pasta (like bucatini, linguine or spaghetti)
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1½ cups halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup clam juice
- 1 pound small neck clams
- 1 pound muscles
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 4 - 5 large basil leaves
- shaved pecorino romano or parmesan
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Toss pasta with olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a large heavy bottom deep skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and olive oil to the skillet. Add onions, garlic, and crushed red pepper, saute until tender and fragrant, about 4 minutes, stirring being careful not to allow the garlic to burn. Add wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, grape tomatoes, clam juice, and pasta water, stir until well combined. Add clams, muscles and shrimp, toss with sauce and cover. When the shrimp is pink and curled set them aside. Cook the until clams and muscles open, about 4 minutes, setting them aside as they open. Discard any unopen shells.
- Once all seafood has cooked bring the remaining sauce to a simmer to thicken if need. Add pasta and parsley to sauce and toss. Add seafood to pasta to reheat.
- Serve pasta garnished with torn basil leaves and shaved pecorino.
Source: The Noshery
Share It To Your Friends!