- 1 kilo medium shrimps, cleaned, long antennae cut, pointed tip of rostrum cut, marinated in 1 liter of either 7-up or Sprite
- 20 pieces salted eggs yolk-mashed
- 10 pieces yolk of hard boiled eggs -mashed
- 350 ml. soya or palm oil for deep frying
- 6 cloves crushed fresh garlic
- 1 small white onion bulb-minced
- 8 pieces finely chopped “labuyo”
- 2 grams salt
- 4 grams ground black pepper
- 10 ml. soy sauce
- 10 grams brown sugar
- Heat oil. Deep fry shrimps until scales turn bright orange-red. Scoop out shrimps and set aside. Pour onto another container used oil.
- Set in wok unto stove. Pour in about 1 cup of used oil. Heat.
- Lightly brown garlic, add in onion and “labuyo” tumble a bit then pour in the mashed yolks of salted and hard boiled eggs. Toss consistently for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, soy sauce and brown sugar. Give more active tossing and tumbling for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in shrimps and continuously toss and tumble for 5-8 minutes. Be very careful to turn shrimps as they may break. Suggest, don’t individually turn the shrimps when tossing or tumbling but, instead, scoop the egg yolk emulsion with shrimp by the top and turn upside down. This way, emulsion serves as protection and coat-buffer for shrimps. Add in few drizzles used oil if need be.
- DONE. Garnish. Serve.
Source: The Food Critic
Share It To Your Friends!