- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces fresh Cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- Combine onion, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Crumble the ground beef over the mixture, then combine everything together.
- Form four oval-shaped patties, spreading them out so that they are about a half-inch thick.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties on one side until caramelized and well browned, about five minutes.
- Flip the patties and cook until they are brown and caramelized on the other side, about four minutes.
- Remove the patties to a plate and drain the pan.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook them, stirring frequently, for about ten minutes, until browned and softened.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and stir well to combine. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef broth quickly, stirring constantly to dissolve the flour.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and heat until the sauce is simmering. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Stir in the ketchup.
- Add the patties back to the pan and let them simmer in the mushroom sauce until cooked through, about five minutes.
Source: Simple Food 365
Share It To Your Friends!