- 1 head of Romanesco Cauliflower
- 150 ml/2/3 cup olive olive, good quality
- 30 g/6 toasted walnuts
- 30g parmesan cheese, cubed
- large bunch of fresh basil
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 lbs Vetta High Fibre spaghetti
- Preheat the oven to 210C/420F
- Core Romanesco cauliflower head and break it into small florets, toss with 2 tbsp of olive oil and salt and roast in the oven for 15 minutes until cauliflower softened and looks slightly charred.
- While cauliflower is being roasted, toast walnuts on a dry pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Put a large pot of water on the stove and bring water to a boil, add 1 tsp of salt and cook spaghetti al dente according to the package directions.
- In the meantime combine ⅔ of roasted cauliflower florets, walnuts, anchovies, basil and cubed parmesan cheese in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- With the motor still running add olive oil through a shoot until the pesto is smooth. Stop the motor and taste the pesto sauce, add more salt, lemon juice and lemon zest and process for a few more seconds.
- Drain the spaghetti and toss with the Romanesco cauliflower pesto sauce and reserved roasted Romanesco cauliflower florets.
- Serve with extra Parmesan.
Share It To Your Friends!