- 30 pcs leftover shrimps (halabos na hipon*)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped ripe pineapple, canned or fresh (I used fresh)
- 1 small red bell pepper, strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 big tomato, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream (first extraction)
- 1 Tbsp patis
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Put the leftover shrimps in a pot. Add the coconut cream, pineapples, red bell pepper, onion, and tomato.
- Cook over medium-high heat, uncovered.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 8-10 mins, uncovered.
- While simmering, add the patis. If you want it sweeter, add sugar.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Then turn off the heat.
- Serve with rice. Share and enjoy.
- Add chilies or chili flakes to give a little kick in your dish.
- You may also add veggies like eggplant or string beans.
- If your pineapple doesn't give enough tartness, you may add a squeeze of calamansi, lime, or lemon.
Source: Wow To Life
Share It To Your Friends!