- 1 whole duck, with excess back fat trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- 60 grams butter
- 30-40 grams flour
- 1 ½- 2 cup duck stock
- 12 baby onions, shallots or pearl onions
- 100 grams whole button mushrooms
- 70-100 grams duck giblets and liver
- 100 grams ham, cubed
- ¼ cup capers
- 4-5 tablespoons sherry
- ½ teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- caper juice to taste
- Season duck with salt and pepper. Deep fry in oil until skin is golden brown. Remove from oil and set aside.
- In another saucepan, melt 40-50 grams butter. Add flour, cook and stir until mixture is browned. Add stock and stir with wire whisk until smooth. If lumps remain, strain the set aside.
- In a braising pan, heat 10-20 grams butter. Sauté onions, mushrooms, giblets, liver, ham and capers. Add the peppercorns, sherry and brown stock sauce. Braise duck in mixture and cook over medium heat until done. Adjust seasoning, add bay leaves and caper juice.
- Serve duck whole or cut to desired serving options.
Source: Being Ryan
Share It To Your Friends!