- 2 cups glutinous rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup glutinous rice flour for dusting
- 2 cups grated coconut (niyog)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Combine glutinous rice flour and water in a bowl. Keep mixing until mixture turns into a dough. Dust hands and fingers with glutinous rice flour to prevent dough from sticking to hands while shaping it.
- Take 2 teaspoonfuls of the dough and roll into a ball. Flatten mixture against the palm.
- In a saucepot, boil 6 cups water. Drop palitaw pieces one at a time into the boiling water, taking extra care that they do not stick to each other in the pot.
- When a palitaw floats to the surface, remove using a skimmer and transfer to a plate or tray. Cool slightly.
- Dredge both sides of each palitaw in grated coconut then arrange on a baking sheet. Toast sesame seeds, then pound slightly in a mortar and pestle.
- Combine toasted seeds with granulated sugar in a bowl and sprinkle over palitaw.
Share It To Your Friends!