- Olive oil, as needed
- Butter, as needed
- ¼ finely chopped yellow onion
- ½ red bell pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 7 oz (200g) cleaned raw squid tubes
- 7 oz (200g) clean cooked octopus legs
- 1 lemon cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cut the squid into small squares.
- Cut the octopus legs into slices.
- Heat up a splash of oil in a skillet, along with some butter.
- When it's nice and hot, add the onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Sauté for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add the squid and cook for 30 seconds.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 lemon wedges into the skillet.
- Add the oregano or parsley and grind in some salt and black pepper.
- Add the octopus and cook for 30 seconds, stirring all the time.
- Taste a piece of squid to see if it's tender.
- Don't overcook the squid - it will only take about a minute in total to cook.
- Serve with the remaining 2 lemon wedges.
Source: Victoria Haneveer
Share It To Your Friends!