- 1 cup belly pork; sliced
- 1 cup mongo beans
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 small onion; chopped
- 1 tomato; sliced
- 5 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup malungay or ampalaya leaves
- In a skillet, sauté the garlic, and onion.
- Add pork and tomato, then season with salt to taste.
- Continue sauteing until pork renders fat and edges turns brown. Set aside as a mixture.
- Boil monggo in casserole until tender.
- Add the mixture, simmer, and stir.
- Add the ampalaya or malungay leaves before serving.
Source: Pinoy Townhall
Share It To Your Friends!