- lawas – cow’s foot with bone marrow boiled for about 3 hours
- alabihod leaves – serves as the souring agent that also gives a nice aroma to the soup
- tomatoes and onions
- black pepper
- beef cubes
- spring onions
- red chili pepper or paitan or siling haba
- Prepare a pot for boiling water. While the water is boiling, put in the lawas and add some salt. Cover and let it boil until the salt is absorbed by the meat.
- Put in the tomatoes and wait for a few minutes before adding in the onions and beef cubes. This will enhance the flavor of the meat.
- Add the alabihod leaves. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chili and season with black pepper and just before you turn off the heat, add the spring onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: Choose Philippines
Share It To Your Friends!