- 1 large chicken cut into 10-12 pieces (I used the equivalent amount in chicken thighs and drumsticks)
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 cups (750 ml) thin coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 2-3 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Grind all the spice paste ingredients together to form a paste. Add water as necessary to keep the blades turning. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium high heat and fry the potatoes for 4-5 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove and set aside. Add the spice paste to the wok and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir well. Add the coconut milk, salt, sugar, potatoes, and simmer, partially covered, for 40-50 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Serve hot.
Source: 80 Breakfast
Share It To Your Friends!