- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees C. In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour. Once a paste forms, add the water and sugars. Bring this to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pie pan, and poke a few holes in it with a fork. Fill the pan with apples. Then cover with another layer of crust, this time laying it on lattice-work style. Slowly pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust—the liquid should fall into the lattice-work crust’s holes.
- Place the pie pan on a cookie sheet to catch the liquid that will bubble over the edges of the crust while being baked.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 175 degrees C. Bake for another 40 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Serve slices solo (while warm) or with your choice of topper.
Source: Trending Pinas
Share It To Your Friends!