For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- ½ sweet white onion, sliced
- ¾ cups buttermilk
- 6 ounces pale ale
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- canola or peanut oil for frying
- 2 heads red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 8 wt oz Burrata Cheese (or goat cheese)
- Sriracha Honey Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Arrange the chicken in an even layer in a large baking pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with kosher salt, top with sliced onions.
- In a small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, beer and sriracha, pour evenly over the chicken, cover and refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.
- In a medium sized bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, chili powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- One at a time remove the chicken pieces, dredge in the flour mixture then gently re-dip in the buttermilk/beer marinade and recoat with the flour mixture (double coating of the flour mixture will give you a crispier chicken), set on a wire rack that has been set over a baking sheet.
- Allow the coated chicken to sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Add the oil to a large pot until about 6 inches deep, heat to 350 degrees using a cooking thermometer clipped to the pan, adjust heat to maintain that temperature.
- Working in batches fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through (between 4 and 8 minutes each, depending on the thickness of the chicken)
- Once each piece is done, place on a wire rack over a baking sheet in the oven to keep warm. Slice the chicken.
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey, sriracha and vinegar. While whisking vigorously, slowly add the olive oil until well combined.
- Add chopped lettuce, pomegranates, and avocado to a large bowl, toss to combine.
- Top with burrata cheese and sliced fried chicken, drizzle with dressing.
Share It To Your Friends!