- 1 large green cabbage
- 25 g butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (1 dl) water (from boiling the cabbage)
- about ½ cup (about 1 dl) milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Remove outer leaves of cabbage, and cut cabbage into quarters and remove the hard core. Slice the cabbage across the quarters width-wise. To get uniform slices I use a mandolin.
- Boil the cabbage in salted water until tender 5-8 minutes. Drain the water from the cabbage, saving some of the water for the sauce.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan. Add the flour and a sprinkle of salt, stirring constantly, until all the flour is incorporated with the butter. You don't want it to get a golden. Whisk in a little at a time of the hot water (from the boiling of the cabbage), making sure to not to have any lumps left, then whisk in the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce thickens and gets a bit shiny, 2 to 3 minutes. Add more milk if the sauce is too thick. You want a thick sauce, because it will get some water from the drained cabbage.
- Add the cabbage and season the creamed cabbage with salt and pepper.
- Serve the creamed cabbage immediately.
Source:Sweet Sour Savory
Share It To Your Friends!