- 2 - 6 ounce mahi mahi fillets
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 spears of asparagus, steamed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup panko
- 1/2 cup dried pumpkin (optional)
- 1/2 cup crab meat
- Calamansi Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- juice of 1/2 calamansi
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.. In a saute' pan, heat 4 tablespoons of oil on medium high heat. Season mahi mahi fillets with salt and pepper and sear fillets on both sides for 2 minutes on each side.
- While fish is searing, create sauce. In a small sauce pan, Heat oil on medium high heat. Add sliced shallots and thyme sprigs. Cook for about 1 minute add butter and wine. Reduce heat to low and cook until the sauce is reduced. Remove from heat and finish with calamansi juice. Remove shallots and thyme sprigs before using sauce.
- To prepare crust, spread half of the mayonnaise onto the mahi mahi, top with crab meat, then top with panko-pumpkin mixture. If you can't find dried pumpkin, you can use panko by itself. Place fillets back into oven-proof pan and bake for 5-10 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, steam asparagus spears in a shallow pan for 5-7 minutes. Be sure to allow steam to escape to prevent asparagus from turning brown.
- Place 2-3 asparagus spears on bottom of plate, drizzle sauce over asparagus and place mahi mahi fillet gently over asparagus.
Source:Cooking Hawaiian Style
Share It To Your Friends!