- 4 wt oz (114g) pancetta, diced
- 1 large (43g) shallot, diced
- 1 large (110g) carrot, diced
- 3 tbs (22g) flour
- 1 cup (236g) wheat beer
- 1 ½ cup (360 mL) chicken broth
- 13.5 fl oz (400 mL) coconut milk
- ½ tsp (4g) salt
- ½ tsp (1.3g) black pepper
- ½ tsp (1.3g) garlic powder
- ½ tsp (1.3g) smoked paprika
- 3 medium sized (300g) red potatoes, diced
- 1 lbs manila clams
- 2 cups (44g) sliced Swiss chard (or spinach)
- Add the pancetta to a large pot or Dutch oven (add pancetta to a cold pan, it will render better than if you add it to a hot pan). Cook over medium high heat until crispy, remove with a slotted spoon.
- Pour off about half of the fat in the pot, leaving about 2 tablespoons.
- Return to medium heat, add the shallots and carrots, cooking until very soft and slightly caramelized, about 15 minutes (if the pan dries too much, add a bit of olive oil).
- Sprinkle flour on top, whisking until the flour turns slightly brown.
- Add the beer, scraping to deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in the broth, coconut milk, potatoes, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika and red potatoes. Simmer until slightly thickened and potatoes have softened, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add the clams and chard, cover and allow to cook for 6 minutes. Discard any clams that have not opened. Serve immediately.
Source: The Beeroness
Share It To Your Friends!