- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch chunks
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup orange puree
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- If you wish, pound chicken into a uniform ½ inch thickness. If you choose not to do this, it will affect the cooking time slightly.
- Cut chicken into 2-inch chunks, set aside. Place whole wheat flour in a medium sized bowl, set aside.
- Beat eggs and orange puree together in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs, wheat germ, parmesan cheese, basil, thyme, black pepper, and paprika together in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat chicken pieces in whole wheat flour, shake off any excess.
- Next, dredge chicken through the egg mixture, evenly coating both sides.
- Lastly, lay chicken in the bread crumb mixture and gently press; turn to coat the other side. Arrange coated chicken pieces on the cookie sheet. Repeat as necessary.
- Place tray in preheated oven and cook for 10-12 minutes. Flip chicken nuggets and return to oven for another 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Enjoy plan or with your favorite dipping sauce!
Source: Amy's Cooking Adventure
Share It To Your Friends!