- 6 pcs chicken legs
- 1/2 cup achuete oil*
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and finely chopped
- 6 tbsp kalamansi juice or lime juice
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsps muscovado sugar
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, then place in the refrigerator overnight. Reserve marinade. Boil the marinade and set aside.
- When ready to cook, skewer the chicken on bamboo sticks and cook slowly over a charcoal fire, turning the chicken once and basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.
- Alternatively, you can cook the chicken in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Transfer chicken to a foil lined baking sheet.
- Roast the chicken, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade, until the chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- Tip: use some pandan leaves tied on a stick as a basting brush. The pandan imparts a lovely flavour on the chicken
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup achuete seeds
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 ancho chilies, crushed, stemmed and seeded
Share It To Your Friends!