- 1 (17.3 ounces) package frozen puff pastry (2 ready-to-bake sheets)
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- 1 pound bacon, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil or melted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Thaw (at room temperature) and unfold both sheets of puff pastry. (Cover with plastic wrap while waiting to use to prevent dried cracks.)
- In a heavy skillet on medium heat, fry the cut bacon. When the bacon is almost to your desired crispiness, add chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute all together for a few more minutes and drain excess bacon fat. Set aside.
- To make the easy Alfredo cream sauce, heat a medium sauce pan on medium heat and put in the butter and cream cheese. Pour in heavy whipping cream and seasonings. Whisk together until cream cheese has melted and all combined. It will become thick when all the way heated up. Stir in grated Parmesan and set aside. (If you prefer a thinner consistency, add one teaspoon at a time of milk.)
- Combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil (or melted butter) with 2 teaspoons garlic powder. Brush on the cooking surface of a large baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each sheet of pastry into 6 rectangles. Lay the first six pieces onto a baking sheet covered with the mixture of olive oil and garlic powder, to prevent the pastry from sticking on the bottom. Put a about 2 tablespoons of cream sauce in the middle of the six pastry pieces. Followed with the cooked, chopped chicken and bacon. Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and drizzle on more cream sauce. Stretch out the other 6 pieces just a little bit to fit over the top of each covered rectangle. Tuck the pastry under the bottom. Don’t worry about making all of it completely sealed. Brush the remaining olive oil and garlic mixture on top of all of the pockets.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Source: Simply Gloria
Share It To Your Friends!