- 1 lb cleaned squid
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 28-oz can whole peeled plum tomatoes, roughly chopped or crushed by hand
- 1 large bunch spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Separate the tentacles from the squid and slice the bodies into about 1/2″ rings. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over high heat and add the garlic, anchovies and chili flakes. Stir for about 30 seconds, or until bubbling and fragrant. Add the squid and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until all the liquids released from the squid has mostly evaporated. Add the wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until the wine has mostly evaporated.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, uncovered for 20-30 minutes. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as desired. Serve with crusty bread or with pasta.
Source: Not Eating Out In New York
Share It To Your Friends!