- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup (5 Tablespoons and 1/3 Tablespoon) unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 and 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut butter into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place dough attachment on stand mixer.
- In a large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients. Mix together with a fork, about 3 times.
- Mix butter throughout flour mixture, about 1 minute.
- Pour buttermilk into flour mixture and knead until dough is soft and slightly sticky. If dough is too dry, add in buttermilk, 1 Tablespoon at a time, until dough becomes more pliable to work with. If dough is too sticky, don't worry because as we roll out dough on floured surface, it will take some of that flour into the dough, making it soft and easier to work with.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a clean, dry, flat, lightly floured surface.
- Knead dough gently 10 to 12 times with your hands.
- Gently roll dough until its about 1/2" to 3/4" thick.
- Using a lightly floured biscuit cutter, cut biscuits and place onto prepared cookie sheet. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are a light, golden brown on top.
- Serve immediately with butter.
Source:Sweet And Spicy Monkey
Share It To Your Friends!