- 1½ pounds flank steak
- ½ cup Bourbon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp corn starch
- Place flank steak in large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except cornstarch, to bowl.
- With your hands thoroughly work in all ingredients into flank steak, getting into all the nooks and crannies.
- Place steak in ziplock bag and pour sauce from bowl into bag. Close and place in refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour, 3-4 hours is best.
- Heat grill on high.
- Remove flank steak from plastic bag, gently shaking to remove excess marinade. Reserving marinade for glaze.
- Place flank steak on grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, turn, grill for an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Steak should still be pink in the center.
- Allow steak to rest on cutting board for 10 minutes, while preparing glaze.
- Heat marinade in small sauce pan over medium high heat until sauce begins to simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove small amount of sauce and mix with corn starch. Return cornstarch mixture to pan and whisk continuously until thickened.
- Cut flank steak on the bias into strips and serve with Bourbon glaze spooned over top.
Source: Pure Grace Farm
Share It To Your Friends!