- 800 g pork shoulder cut into slices
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 stalks lemon grass, (white part only ) smashed and cut into quarters
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 50 ml vinegar
- 600 ml coconut milk
- Ground black pepper
- 5 green finger chili, seeds removed and sliced diagonally
- 5 red finger chili, seeds removed and sliced diagonally
- 3 tbsp bagoong alamang ( shrimp paste)
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 3 pcs chili peppers ( more chili can be added according to spiciness desired)
- Fish sauce to taste
- In a small bowl with water and salt, soak the sliced chili fingers ( to lessen the spiciness, but this can be omitted if you're not bothered with a very spicy dish)
- In a pan, saute onion, ginger, garlic and lemon grass.
- Add the pork slices and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the bagoong alamang. Stir until pork is completely browned.
- Add coconut milk, bay leaves, soy sauce, vinegar and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until meat is tender.
- Add the finger chilies and cook until liquid is reduced. Season with black pepper and fish sauce according to taste.
- Add coconut cream and chili pepper and continue to simmer until oil separates from the cream.
Source: Simply Anne's
Share It To Your Friends!