- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden chili pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden ginger paste
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 16 fresh or frozen shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 32 frozen dumplings (such as chicken cilantro sold at Costco and Trader Joe's)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces rice noodles - prepared according to package instructions
- hoisin sauce, sriracha, sliced onion, cilantro and jalapeno slices - optional garnish
- Heat sesame oil in a large soup pot over medium heat until warm, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in chili pepper, garlic and ginger paste and heat for 30 seconds allowing flavors to develop.
- Pour in chicken broth, soy sauce and rice vinegar then bring pot to a boil by increasing heat to high.
- Add shrimp and wontons to the pot and bring back to a low boil then reduce heat to low and cook for 3 minutes.
- Check for seasoning and add salt or pepper to taste.
- Divide cooked rice noodles between four bowls and ladle shrimp and wonton soup mixture on top.
- Garnish with cilantro, sliced onion, jalapeno slices, hoisin and sriracha if you wish.
Source: The Lemon Bowl
Share It To Your Friends!