- 2-1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped or sliced red onion
- 8 ounces baby button mushrooms
- 1 (12-ounce) bag petite baby carrots
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (10-1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ⅔ cup red wine
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Put flour, Old Bay seasoning and ½ teaspoon of pepper in a gallon size plastic baggie. Seal and shake to incorporate.
- Place beef pieces in bag and shake well to coat.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet with high sides over medium high heat.
- Cook beef about 5 minutes (or until brown and seared), stirring often.
- Transfer beef to large stock pot and set aside.
- Using the same skillet that the beef was just seared in, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat.
- Place onions in skillet and saute until caramelized; then add mushrooms, artichokes and carrots. Saute vegetables approximately 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to your stock pot with the beef.
- Add the red potatoes, beef broth, wine, garlic powder and additional pepper if desired.
- Top with just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Top with fresh chopped parsley.
Source: The Blond Cook
Share It To Your Friends!