- 500g small shrimps, skin on
- 1 1/2 cup butternut squash, chopped thinly or grated
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 pcs birds eye chillies, chopped
- In a deep bowl mix together flour, corn flour, eggs, garlic, water, fish sauce and pepper. Mix well and make sure it’s free of lumps.
- Now add the butternut squash and shrimps and mix well.
- In a pan, add oil enough for deep frying but letting patty settle down flat on the pan. Now using a scoop, spoon out shrimp batter and place in pan like mini pancakes, frying each side for around 2 minutes each.
- Once fritters are cooked place on a paper tower to drain excess fat.
- Prepare the vinegar dip by mixing all the vinegar dip ingredients.
Share It To Your Friends!