- 1.5 kg tiger prawns (or any marine prawns)
- 1 bottle (1 litre) Chinese yellow rice wine
- 1 T finely cut fresh ginger strips
- salt to taste
- 1/2 T sesame oil
- Devein and trim off the feelers and sharp tips of the prawns, and legs as well if like.
- Heat up a non-reactive pot (glass or ceramic), add sesame oil and fry the ginger and prawns on both sides until shell is bright red.
- Add all the wine, cover and let wine come to a boil.
- Remove cover, add salt to taste and turn heat off. Glass or ceramic pots stay hot for a long time so do not overcook.
- Serve hot as a soup. Very comforting and nourishing.
Source: Hunger Hunger
Share It To Your Friends!