- 1/2 kilo fresh squid, preferably small ones, cleaned, dried and sliced in rounds. I used baby squid in this photo, be sure to remove the "spine" before cooking.
- Cooking oil
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 2-3 fresh red or green chilies (bird's eye or pang sigang), sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- A few dashes of soy sauce or Knorr liquid seasoning
- Sriracha (if you want extra spicy), or
- Banana catsup
- Saute the garlic and the onions, until fragrant but not brown.
- Add the chilies and saute for a few seconds so that the chilies can release their oil.
- Add sugar and Knorr. Stir to combine and to dissolve the sugar.
- Quickly add the squid. The squid will release some of its water, keep stirring until most of the water has evaporated. Don't worry, the squid will still be tender.
- Finish off with sriracha or banana catsup. Stir until well combined and heated through. Serve immediately.
Source: Le Fang Le Kwatsa
Share It To Your Friends!