- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup soy sauce (gluten free if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine cornstarch and eggs in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Add chicken and stir to coat. Place in refrigerator while you make the sauce.
- Whisk cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl and set aside. Saute garlic and ginger with sesame oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Add remaining ingredients and continue stirring until the sauce is starting to thicken, about 5 minutes. Pour in water/cornstarch while stirring and stir until thick. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a dutch oven or wok to 350 degrees F (180 C). Remove chicken slurry from fridge and drop a few pieces at a time into hot oil. Fry on each side for about 2 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove to paper towels to drain. Continue until all chicken is cooked.
- Toss chicken in warm sauce and serve, if desired, with steamed rice and veggies.
Share It To Your Friends!