- 2 Rib eye Steak – around 12 ounces and 1.5 inches thick each
- 2 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup Cognac + 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Bring the steak to room temperature before cooking.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450F
- Season both sides of rib eye with salt
- Put the peppercorn is a small sandwich bag and coarsely crush using the bottom of a heavy pan. It is easier if you use mortar and pestle.
- Spread the peppercorns evenly onto a plate.
- Coat both sides of the steaks with pepper by pressing into it
- Melt the butter and olive oil in an oven-proof pan over medium heat
- Sear each side of the fillets for 1 minute and then put your pan into the oven for 5 minutes (medium-rare). Add a few more minutes depending on how you like your steak done.
- Remove the steaks to a plate, cover with foil and let it rest for 5 minutes
- Pour off the excess fat from the pan but do not scrape it clean
- With pan away from the heat, add 1/3 cup Cognac to the pan and carefully ignite the alcohol with a long match or firestick. Shake the pan gently until the flames die
- Return the pan to medium heat and add the cream
- Bring the mixture to a boil and whisk until it thickens. Dip a spoon into the sauce and if it coats the back of the spoon, then it is thick enough.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of Cognac and season with a pinch of salt
- Spoon the sauce over the steak or serve them separately.
Source: Qwek Qwek
Share It To Your Friends!