- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can boneless pink salmon, drained
- 1 cup panko or dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 Tbsp diced relish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Heat 1/4-inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Put the salmon in a medium bowl and break it up with a fork. Add the panko, eggs, parsley, onion, cayenne and salt. Season with black pepper, to taste, and mix well. Form the mixture into 12 cakes and coat them with the cornmeal
- Carefully put the cakes in the oil, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until golden brown; about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Arrange them on a serving platter and serve immediately with tartar sauce.
- Mix everything together first, and then add the lemon juice. Refrigerate until needed or use immediately.
Source: Jessica In The Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!