- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs or chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- egg white of 1 extra large egg
- 2 tbsp vodka
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (make sure to use low sodium or else sauce will be quite salty and dark)
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or sriracha
- 1 tsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
- Heat oil in wok or other pot being used for frying to medium high heat. Make sure you have at least 1 inch of oil in your pot. Whisk vodka and egg white in a small bowl. Place cornstarch in a separate small bowl. Dip chicken pieces in egg white and then coat in cornstarch. Gently place into heated oil and fry until pale golden brown. Work in small batches until all of the chicken is fried. Place finished chicken pieces on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up excess oil.
- In a small saucepan, heat all sauce ingredient except cornstarch and water and bring to a low boil, stirring constantly with a large wooden spoon. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken and the flavors of all the ingredients have come through, about 2 minutes. Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Pour into boiling mixture and stir until sauce boils and thickens more. Brush chicken pieces with glaze. Garnish with fresh scallions if desired. Serve with toothpicks if being used as a game day snack.
Source: Kirbie's Cravings
Share It To Your Friends!