- 1 large 1 lb russet potato, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup shredded Canadian smoked gouda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- grapeseed oil, as needed
- sour cream
- sliced green onions
- Coarsely shred the potato and onion on a box grater. Transfer shreds to a piece of cheese cloth and squeeze as dry as possible. Let sit for 2 minutes and then squeeze dry again.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes, onions, and cheese in the flour to coat and then the lightly beaten egg and stir until evenly coated.
- In a large skillet, heat up a generous amount of oil over medium heat until hot and shimmery. Drop the potato mixture by the tablespoon and flatten. Cook over medium to medium-high heat until edges are crisp and golden, about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until golden, about 1-2 minutes. Drain on a wire rack or paper towels. Continue pancaking until potato mixture is done. Top pancakes with sour cream, green onions, and more shredded gouda, if desired.
Source:I Am A Food Blog
Share It To Your Friends!