- 3 large potatoes (Yukon Jack or russet are the best)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of flour
- Peel and grate the potatoes (a box grater works best).
- Place them into a strainer on top of a mixing bowl. Grate the onion and add it to the potatoes.
- Pick up the potatoes, in fistfuls, and squeeze hard until all of the water is out.
- Add in the egg, salt, pepper, flour, and garlic powder. Use your hands and work the mixture until everything is well combined.
- Pour some cooking oil into a preheated pan.
- Scoop out about three tablespoons of the mixture and put it into the pan.
- Use the backside of a spoon to form the patty and flatten it out.
- Fry the potato pancakes, in batches, for about 4 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
- Set them aside on a plate lined with a paper towel. Serve and enjoy your potato pancakes.
Source: Cook N Share
Share It To Your Friends!