- 250lbs pork belly, cut in cubes
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tsps black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice or 115gms pineapple tidbits (juice included)
- 3Tbsp dark soy sauce (regular soy sauce is fine)
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce or 1 tsp rock salt
- 1 cup water
- 100 gms green beans. In the Philippines, we call this Baguio Beans; cut in about 3 inches; blanched and set aside.
- Marinate pork with pineapple juice, soy sauce and salt for at least 30 minutes
- Remove pork from the marinade. Set aside but keep the marinade.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and saute garlic until golden brown.
- Add marinated pork to the sauteing garlic.
- Sear pork for about 5 minutes.
- Add marinade, water and pineapple tidbits.
- Bring to boil then simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is very tender. Add water 1/2 cup at a time. Adjust saltyness by adding fish sauce or salt depending on your preference.
- Serve hot topped with blanched beans.
Source: My Twisted Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!