- 1 Kilo Beef Tripe (cleaned and cut into strips) and/or sliced Ox Tail
- 2 big onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Cup eggplant sliced about half inch thickness
- 1 Cup Pechay, roughly hand shredded
- 1 Cup Sitaw, cut into 3 inch segments
- 1 Cup banana heart, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Beef bullion
- 3/4 Cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 Cup Toasted Cashew Nuts, grounded using a mortar and pestle
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bagoong Alamang (shrimp paste) as side dish
- In a pressure cooker, cook the beef tripe or oxtails with some salt and pepper until tender. The cooking time would vary depending on the type of meat and for my case I buy my tripe precooked so I would need about 20 to 30 minutes to make it tender. If cooking oxtail you may keep the stock but for tripe I usually discard the broth and use beef bullion instead for flavor.
- In a big pot, saute garlic and onions until garlic is light brown and onions are caramelized. Pour in the beef stock (or stock made from beef bullion of about a litter). Add in the peanut butter and dissolve completely. Add the tenderized meat and then the ground cashew and let it boil while stirring from time to time for about 20 minutes.
- Place the banana heart first followed by the sitaw and cook for about 7 minutes, drop in the eggplant and pechay then lower the heat and let simmer covered for another 5 minutes.
- Serve piping hot with rice and bagoong on the side. It is meant to be a bit bland and you have to season it with the shrimp paste as you eat. Enjoy
Source: It's All About Food
Share It To Your Friends!