- 2 handfuls of saluyot leaves
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- fish paste (bagoong)
- cane vinegar
- Mix half a cup of water and one tablespoon of fish paste in a pot.
- The mixture need not to be salty at this point. Bring to a boil over low heat.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the saluyot leaves. Cover the pot and let the mixture simmer over low flame.
- Once the leaves are half-cooked, add one to two tablespoons of cane vinegar.
- Do not stir. Cover the pot and simmer for five to ten minutes. Stir the mixture.
- Balance the acidity of the vinegar with the saltiness of the fish paste by adjusting the two ingredients if needed.
- Once satisfied, continue cooking the mixture uncovered until almost dry.
Source: Kitchen 101
Share It To Your Friends!