- 2 cups hickory chips
- 8-10 lb. beef brisket
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 can beef consomme
- 1 bottle dark beer
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Soak hickory chips in water for thirty minutes prior to preparing brisket.
- After soaking, use about four pieces of foil and make packets with the hickory chips. Leave an opening at the top so smoke can get out.
- Spread olive oil on side of brisket without fat.
- Mix rub ingredients together and spread over the olive oil. Pat lightly to make the rub stick. (You may not need all the rub, just use your judgement.)
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of the pan.
- Turn the brisket so the fat side is facing up, and place over the onions.
- Mix the liquid ingredients together and pour over the brisket and onions.
- Spread the chopped garlic over the top of the brisket.
- Place the packets of hickory chips around the brisket.
- Cover tightly with foil and roast for five or six hours, until tender enough to pull apart with a fork.
Source:In Southern Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!