- 3½ lb. pork butt
- 1 TBSP molasses
- ⅛ cup Saucy Mama Chipotle Mustard
- 3 TBSP softened room temperature butter
- 1 large sweet onion, roughly sliced (you want it to be able to spread over the bottom of the slow cooker)
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce chopped
- 1 TBSP adobe sauce
- 1 TBSP salt
- 1 TBSP black peppercorns
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup water or beef broth
- Place the onion along the bottom of your slow cooker. Combine the mustard, butter, adobe sauce, chopped chipotle peppers and molasses in a small bowl then rub the pork butt down with the wet mixture. Now mix together your dry ingredients very well until everything is incorporate and then rub down the pork butt with the dry seasoning mix.
- Place the pork butt in the slow cooker and cook on med-low for 6-8 hours until moist and fork tender. At this point you can remove the pork and shred it and place it back into the slow cooker to soak up more flavor on the warm setting or you can serve it as is and spoon remaining sauce in the slow cooker over the pork before serving.
Source: Kitchen Belleicious
Share It To Your Friends!