- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3-4 Tablespoons brewed coffee, cooled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray. (This recipe makes about 36 mini donuts, or 15 full size donuts.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and sugar. Add buttermilk, egg, and butter and stir until just combined. Too much stirring could make the donuts tough!
- If desired, place batter into a ziplock bag and snip off the tip to fill each doughnut cup approximately one-half full.
- Bake 4-6 minutes or until the top of the donuts spring back when touched. Cool in pan 1-2 minutes, before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add coffee one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached, stirring until smooth. Dip the tops of donuts in the glaze or pour over tops. Glaze will set up within a few minutes.
Source: Life love Good Food
Share It To Your Friends!