- 30 pcs Finger Chili or Siling Pangsigang
- 1 cup ground pork or beef
- 30 pcs small lumpia wrapper, 2 sides cut straight
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 8 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with the water
- Mix ground pork or beef, onions, garlic, soy sauce, parsley, ground pepper and salt.
- Mix and cook in a non-stick pan without oil until browned and dry (no more visible liquid). Set aside.
- Cut a slit on one side of the chili and remove the pith and seeds. Rinse well with water and dry.
- Stuff each pepper with the meat mixture.
- Wrap each chili with lumpia wrapper, leaving the stalk exposed.
- Seal the wrapper with beaten egg.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan until very hot, then deep fry the chilies in batches until golden brown.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve hot and crispy.
- For the dip, combine all ingredients and cook while stirring in a thick saucepan over a low flame until thick.
Source: My Sassy Chef
Share It To Your Friends!