- 1 k. Pork Belly, Lechon Kawali cut
- 2 L. water
- 2 T. rock salt
- 10 pcs. black peppercorn
- Boil the belly with the rest of the ingredients for 1 hour. Remove from the stock (save for another dish),
- drain and air dry for about 3 hours. (Use an electric fan to hasten the drying process.)
- Wrap the boiled pork in sarap wrap or in plastic wrap and freeze over night or store in the freezer and cook when you have emergency visitors.
- Unwrap the pork but do not thaw and put it on the rack inside the turbo broiler, skin side up. Set the timer for 40 minutes at 200C.
- Then increase the temperature to 250C and cook for 20 minutes more. Dip the brush in water and brush the skin of the pork with water(if you want it with blisters), then with the oil which dripped in the pan every 5 minutes (last 20 minutes of cooking).
- Let the lechon rest for 10 minutes before chopping to retain the juice of the meat. Serve with Mang Tomas.
Source: Lia's Food Journey
Share It To Your Friends!