- 1 pack dried taro leaves
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 pork chops/steaks, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- thumb-sized ginger, chopped
- sprinkled of salt and black pepper
- generous amount of red pepper flakes(the hotter the better)
- 1 long green pepper for garnish
- oil for sauteing
- shrimp paste(serve on the side or cooked into the dish)
- Heat up oil in a pan. Brown the pork slices. Add the garlic, onions, and ginger to saute for a few minutes.
- Add the dried taro leaves. Cover and let that wilt for a few minutes. Add the coconut milk, water, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Add the shrimp paste too if you so desire. Stir everything together. Cover the pan and simmer in medium heat until the sauce reduces. Add the long green pepper at the last minute.
- Serve with rice and the shrimp paste with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes on the side. Enjoy!
Source: Feisty Cook
Share It To Your Friends!