- 1/2 pound chicken cutlets, or 1/2 pound chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon oil
- lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Marinade the chicken with the lemon juice and the seasonings. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Set up a dredging station - crack egg into a bowl and scramble.
- Add the breadcrumbs, additional salt, pepper and oregano and lemon zest into a different bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat meanwhile.
- Dip chicken into the egg to coat and allow excess to drip off, then dip into breadcrumbs to coat. Use a wet hand for the egg, and a dry hand for the breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken on a parchment paper in a plate or cookie sheet until finished with all. Add to the pan and to cook chicken slightly. Cook for 3 minutes on each side to set the breadcrumb coating.
- Place the chicken onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes in the oven or until chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
- Serve with lemon wedges, which you can lightly squeeze over chicken.
Source:Jessica In The Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!