- 1 kilo of Pork belly (liempo)
- 1/4 kilo of Pork liver
- Two large green and red bell pepper
- 2 Medium size red onions
- 1 Heaping tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 small can of green peas
- Ground Black Pepper
- Soy sauce
- Remove the fat portion of the pork belly, Slice it into strips then set aside.
- Slice the remaining pork belly into thin strips then soak them in soy sauce, set it aside
- Slice the pork liver into strips
- Slice the the Onion
- Slice the red and green bell pepper into strips
- Place the pork fat on a pan then saute it on a medium heat without adding cooking oil (Note: the pork belly will produce its own oil, use it to saute the rest of the ingredients)
- Saute the pork belly until the skin turns golden brown and crunchy
- Add the onions and garlic and saute for about a minute
- Add the rest of the pork and liver (If the oil that was produced by the pork fat is not enough, then add cooking oil)
- Stir for 3 minutes then cover it
- Squeeze 10 medium size calamansi into the sauteed pork, and 1 tablespoon of vinegar. (Make sure you won’t get any seeds in the mix)
- Add 2 Tablespoons of sugar, 2 pinches of ground black pepper, red and green bell pepper and green peas. Stir for a minute then cover and simmer for 2 minutes
- Repeat the process of stirring and simmering for about 10 minutes, or until the pork is tenderly cooked.
- Put on a plate and serve while hot
Source: Must Have Food
Share It To Your Friends!