- family-sized box, prepared as directed and refrigerated over night box of Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar-jack cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 3-4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- non-stick cooking spray
- Prepare your mac and cheese according to directions on the box. Refrigerate overnight so it gets kind of congealed.
- Once your mac has solidified a bit in the fridge, take it out and mix in your shredded Cheddar Jack cheese. Begin rolling into ping-pong ball sized balls. You want them to be fairly packed together, so you don’t have to be delicate. Place balls on a cookie sheet that will fit in your freezer and freeze for about 2 1/2 hours.
- Once your balls are frozen, create your dredging station. Beat the eggs with the water in a small bowl. Put the flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Place your panko on another plate. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, and lightly coat a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip a ball in the egg wash, followed by flour. Dip again in egg wash and roll around in the panko until coated. Place on your greased cookie sheet and repeat until all balls are coated with panko. Spray the balls with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray and pop in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Share It To Your Friends!