- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast; cut into strips
- 3 red bell peppers; sliced into strips
- 1 white onion; cut into rounds
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 lime; cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package arla dofino havarti cheese
- 12 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 sheet of foil
- Preheat digital oven or conventional oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a casserole dish, place cut chicken, peppers, and onions.
- Top with all the seasoning including the squeezed lime juice over the top. Place lime halves at each end.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for an hour. Using tongs flip the chicken and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Butter the bread backs and place in a skillet on low heat. Top with cheese and chicken fajita meat and vegetables. Grill on low for about 1 minute and then place sides together and flip. Grill for another minute then remove from pan.
Source: Mooshu Jenne
Share It To Your Friends!