- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 12 pcs Vienna Sausages or 6 pcs Hotdogs sliced lengthwise
- 2 hardboiled eggs sliced in quarters
- 1 cup grated cheese
- ¼ cup carrots – minced
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- ¼ cup sweet onions – minced
- ½ cup red bell pepper – minced
- 1 raw egg
- In a large bowl, put in the ground pork. Break the egg and then mix it with the pork. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix it well until it’s evenly spread. Add in the minced carrots, sweet pickle relish, minced sweet onions, minced red bell pepper and the grated cheese. Mix it thoroughly until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Prepare the aluminium foil on the table about 10inches to 12 inches. Pour in the mixture of pork, carrots, bell pepper, pickles, and onions on the foil. Flatten it and spread evenly on the foil. Place the sausage slices or the hotdog slices and the eggs in the middle of the pork mixture. Arrange it evenly and alternately with the eggs. Roll the ground pork mixture until the eggs and sausages or hotdogs are fully covered. Then wrap the rolled ground pork with eggs and hotdogs or sausages in between with foil. Wrap it tightly securing each end of the foil wrap.
- Prepare your steamer and then place the wrapped embutido in it. Steam the Embutido for about an hour. When steaming is done, remove the embutido from the steamer and place it in the refrigerator to cool. Once it’s cooled, unwrap the embutido and then slice it into rings and then serve. Enjoy your Filipino Style Meatloaf or the Filipino Embutido.
Source: Filipino Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!