- 1 whole Pata (pig’s leg-2 kilos), knuckles removed
- 1 Can Sprite or 7-Up (12 oz)
- 5 pcs. star anise (optional)
- 7 pieces dried bay leaves
- 2 tbsp whole peppercorn
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 6 teaspoons salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 to 12 cups cooking oil
- 12 to 15 cups water
- Pour water in cooking pot and let boil.
- Put-in dried bay leaves, star anise, whole peppercorn, and 4 teaspoons of salt.
- Add the pata (whole pig’s leg) in the cooking pot and simmer until the pata becomes tender (about 45 to 60 minutes).
- Remove the pata from the cooking pot and set aside to cool off.
- Rub the pata with garlic powder, ground black pepper, and salt. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large cooking pot with cover and pour-in the cooking oil.
- When oil becomes hot, deep fry the pork leg. Continue cooking in medium heat until crispy in both sides. Be extra careful in doing this procedure.
- Turn-off heat and remove the crispy pata. Transfer it to a serving plate.
Source: Lahat Sarap
Share It To Your Friends!