- 2 pounds fresh chicken drumstick legs
- 2 cups fresh buttermilk
- 2-3 medium jalapenos sliced thinly into rounds - seeds removed if desired
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4-5 cups butter crackers crumbled into small breadcrumb size pieces
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place drumsticks into a large sealable bag. Add buttermilk, jalapeños and cilantro and place into the refrigerator for one hour up to overnight flipping the bag around at the halfway point.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a cooling rack into a cookie sheet pan and set aside. Place the flour in one bowl and the eggs in another bowl. In a separate bowl add the crackers, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix together well. Roll one of the buttermilk soaked drumsticks through the flour bowl to coat all sides. Next, place into the egg bowl and roll the drumstick coating all sides. Finally roll through the cracker bowl to coat all sides of the drumstick and place onto the prepared cookie sheet. continue the process until all the drumsticks are coated and on the cookie sheet. Top each one with a slice a slice of jalapeño if desired.
- Place coated chicken into the oven for 20-30 minutes or until lightly golden in color and cooked through. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes then serve.
Source: Local Savour
Share It To Your Friends!